• What is PC Booster?
• Is PC Booster compatible with Windows XP/VISTA/SEVEN?
• Is PC Booster compatible with 95/98/NT/2000?
• Does PC Booster run on Macintosh?
• What benefits will I get from PC Booster?
• I am worried that PC Booster will stuff up my Windows settings.
• I am experiencing problems shutting down my computer.
• I have changed some values for MTU, memory cache size, stack size, etc, but it always shows zero.
• I think I have downloaded PC Booster, but I can't find it. Where is it?
• I have run AutoTune and also tried Manual Tweaks. However I do not feel comfortable or wish to go back to my previous settings. What should I do?
• I have run PC Booster successfully once; now it does not run again / When I double click on the PC Booster icon (desktop), the program does not start / PC Booster does not seem to be running. What should I do? Issue fixed in Version 6
• The text is being cut off from the screen / the font is too big. What should I do? Issue fixed in Version 6
The benefits differ for each computer. This is because each computer is setup differently both in hardware and software installations. But due to the many available tweaks that can be applied to most computers, some improvements will be gained whether in data seeking, memory management, CD accessing speed and/or other visual enhancements.
PC Booster has a safe fall-back feature. It does a backup of your current system configurations before allowing you to change anything. So if you are not happy with the tune up results or tweaks that you have altered yourself, you can always select the restore function and everything will be back to normal.
NOTE: This is not a bug with PC Booster but is part of a feature for Windows. Windows disable fast shutdown on default installations but we allow it for selection to get reduced shutdown time.
Some settings don't show up after being entered such as cd speed, MTU, TTL settings, etc. this is design by default but rest assured that when you press optimize the changes are applied to the registry.
If you could not remember or can not locate the folder where you saved the installation file:
After you have double clicked on the PC Booster desktop or Start menu icon, access and use PC Booster by right clicking on the system tray icon. Select Show Main Program.
The oversized text is because you have set some of the Windows font size to a bigger size, currently PC Booster is not able to enlarge so the text will cover some of the buttons or get chopped off.
One solution is to reduce the Windows Font size which should make the text fit into the window properly.
The exact way to solve this step would be: